I need a holidaylah! #MyTravelokaEscapade10:09 PM
I just can't believe that I finally made it through 14 weeks of stressful lectures, well maybe only the last two weeks can be counted as stressful; where I got THREE PROJECTS submission and uncountable of assignments that can't get done by themselves. Kudos to myself for being able to get it all done. Yehuuuu! So here I am relaxing at home to waste a few days of my study week with unproductive things.
Tokyo has stunning temples and shrines that can offer me good meditation and as a great escape to the chaotic and busy life in the cities. They're also great in architecture; the shapes and the unique building of the temples and shrines that could amaze you. As we know Japan is a place that rich in cultural activities; if you google it there is a long list of festivals were planned every month and guess what this is the great chance for tourist to get into Japanese cultural and experience it by themselves. There are also a lot of cute things in Japan (I don't mean the Japanese themselves even though there are CUTE! xD) where they have everything in cartoon versions.
So let's get to the point!
I NEED A HOLIDAY LAH!!!
YES, I REALLY NEED A HOLIDAY!
But firstly, I would like to thank Traveloka for conducting such an amazing contest and gives us chances to win a lot of superb prizes!! They're so cool!
So you guys must be curious where I'm going to spend my holiday right? Let me end your curiosity now! Yes I mean NOW!!
I WANT TO TRAVEL TO TOKYO, JAPAN!!!
Why would it be Japan? Why not Korea, Hong Kong or even London?
It's because I see Tokyo, Japan as a complete package of what I need as a destination to travel.
|A bit from my journal!|
And here is some fact about Japan that made it to the first choice as my travel destination:
"Japan acquired 1.395 Global Peace Index and the safest country in Asia and 9th in the world."
Based on WorldAtlas, Japan acquired 1.395 Global Peace Index which made it as the most safest country in Asia and the 9th in the world to be visited. Followed Japan is Singapore; the 20th safest country in the world. Only these two Asian countries were listed with another 23 Europe countries by the WorldAtlas as the safest country in the world.
For more ranking in another aspect, you guys can visit this page: Japan In The World.
HOW AM GONNA SPEND MY HOLIDAY IN TOKYO?
|Some of what I wrote in my journal!|
1. Temples and shrines in Tokyo.
I know this kind of mainstream among the travelers, but Japan is a country that offers you a lot of spiritual amusement place and they are the temples and shrines!
I have listed a list of amazing and eye-catching temples and shrines in Tokyo that I really want to visit. And they are; Togo Shrine, Meiji Shrine, and Sensoji Temple!
- Togo Shrine: is dedicated to Togo Heihachiro (1848-1934), he is the legendary admiral in the Japanese Navy.
- Meiji Shrine: is dedicated to Emperor Meiji and his wife, and this is the well-known temple in all of Tokyo!
- Sensoji Temple: a grandeur place at night for good photos and have a lot of stalls open around it selling traditional foods and trinket dotted. It has gorgeous pagoda and oodles oracles.
|This is the Togo Shrine! I love how classic it is, the best time to visit is when the Sakura blooms.|
|The Meiji Shrine! WOW isn't?!|
2. Natural landscapes in Tokyo.
I know it may be time-consuming to explore the natural landscape if you have a short vacation; but if I have to choose I would prefer the mother nature itself over the cities. Tokyo or wholly Japan is the best-preserved country where they take care of everything! No wonder it has been listed as the cleanest country every year! So where would I be to explore the natural landscapes in Tokyo?
- Akigawa Gorge: +ous yes it is Akigawa gorgeous! If I could be there in the late November to December, I could experience the autumn foliage, where I could see the stunning contrast between golden yellow ginkgos and red mapples. It also has Ishifune-bashi; a vantage point or the suspension bridge that spanning across the gorge! While other nearby attractions are: Hot Spring Spa Seoto-no-Yu (it will be a good therapy absolutely) and Otake Limestone Cave.
- Mt Mitake: It has elevation of 929 meter and can be reached by 30 minutes of cable car journey. On the top of the mount there is a shrine and Shindai Keyaki; 600 years old tree that is figured in legends and myths.
|Akigawa Gorge, look how clear the water is!|
|Ishifune-bashi; imagine how many beatiful photos you can take here. What an astonishing view!|
3. Arts and Museums galleries.
Since art is our only salvation from the horror of existence so why not I get to immerse myself into the art world that Tokyo can offer!
- Nezu Museum: 5 minutes walk from Harajuku Station, Fee: 700 - 1000 yen.
- Hara Museum of Contemporary Art: 1000 yen admission.
- Taka Ishii Gallery: If you look for artwork about street photography.
- Tokyo National Museum: The oldest museum and have a lot of Japanese arts and artifacts.
- Miraikan:The national museum of emerging science and innovation.
- The National Art Center: Near the Nogizaka Station and get discounted price for admission if you go visit another two museums; Suntory Museum and Mori Art Museum.
|Miraikan that is also known as The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation|
4. Delicious and mouth-watering foods.
So maybe this is the golden opportunity for me to try fresh sushi in Tokyo since I have been eating the one in Sushi King for years. Maybe it taste good or maybe not, I don't know. And since Japan is not an Islam country it's good to have an application named #HHWT Travel Planner App that will list for you restaurants with Halal certificate and attraction that you could try around Tokyo!
- Shinjuku Gyoen Ramen Ouka: Ramen + bowl of rice + grilled chicken + yakitori (this a set with big portion). To get here take 8 minutes walk from Shinjuku Station.
- Naritaya: The ramen noodles are made fresh from its factory! And you can even order through vending machine in front of the restaurant. And if you like your ramen to be spicy you can ask for chilli paste. Located at Asakusa.
- Yakiniku Tanden (Yoyogi Branch): Nearby the Shinjuku shopping place and the set meal they offer for 4,500 yen are; salad + soup + different cut of beefs + desserts. Yummy!
- Sushiken: Located in Asakusa where it offers freshest food to offer especially for die-hard fan of sushi like meee xD.
- La Toque: If curious what the Japanese curry tastes like you can go have a sip of it at 4th floor in the Narita Airport Terminal 2.
|Sushi in Asakusa, look how attractive the colors are!|
5. Shopping while you got money!
I bet there are many to choose, Tokyo have anything that you want! Here I have listed few places to shop in Tokyo:
- Akihabara: The traditional hub for electronics and also be the centre of geeks and their penchants for anime, manga and J-Pop culture.
- Kagurazaka: Have several shops selling geta (traditional wooden sandals) and drawstring purses made from lavish kimono fabric. This is a good place to buy some souveneirs.
- Shinjuku: Here you'll find Isetan, one of Tokyo's most revered department stores and this also the place where music lovers can lose a day browsing the eight storeys of secondhand vinyl and CDs.
|Some view in Shinjuku!|
6. Get into Japanese cultures!
If I'm lucky enough I might get a chance to join the festivals that being held in Tokyo. It must be a lot of difference with what we have in Malaysia. This is also a chance for me to interact with the citizens in Tokyo. I bet this might be one-in-a-lifetime chance! So I won't let it go xD
|Mitama Festival in Tokyo!|
My last wish to do in Japan is cycling in Japan! It must be a great experience to cycle in a place that I have not been there before while gasping for fresh air. I know Japan have so much to offer and to list it all of course it will be a long list.
I'm now start writing a journal and maybe if Traveloka give me a chance to have my holiday in Tokyo, then it would be my opportunity to have a travel journal specifically for Tokyo, Japan?!
So for those who just heard of Traveloka; it is a website for you to find flight ticket and hotels if you're planning to go for holiday. You could give it a try!